CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

been a while...

April Fools in first grade.
To begin the day the teachers decided we would play a joke on the kids. The first grade teachers switched places with the second grade teachers for the first ten minutes of the day. The second graders we were working with didn't fall for it one bit. Our first graders totally believed that the second grade teacher was going to teach them all day. I think they were thoroughly confused. It was fun for us anyway. But as it was the day before spring break and April fools the day was INSANE. I don't know how many times I was told that my shoe was untied. But I can tell you it was driving me NUTS because my shoes didn't even have ties. Then we had our pre-planned joke. We have been telling the kids all week that we were going to make them brownies. Well we came in today with a pan full of Brown- E's. I thought it was pretty clever, and of course there were real brownies to eat too (we aren't that mean).

I am almost done with my student teaching! I am done on the 29th and this week is spring break for us. So I really only have 3 weeks left in the classroom. It is so exciting but I will miss those little first graders that give the perfect random hug. I do have to say though that it will be very nice to be getting paid for teaching once I can sub. So excited for the next part of my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment