CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday!

I decided to join this teacher week over at Blog Hoppin
So here are my answers to those same questions that Abby answered plus maybe a few others.

Tell us a little something about you:
Here is a picture of my about 40 minutes after I found out I got a job.


Well My name is Allyce. I live on the Washington coast and I absolutely LOVE it! My current home has an ocean view and watching the sunset in the evenings is fabulous! I have a one year old lab/retriever mix named Napili. She is the sweetest! I grew up in a family of teachers (dad, 3/4 grandparents...) and never even thought of doing anything else. I love bookstores, spending time with my friends and family, reading, going to the beach, the sun, the rain, photography, and life.

How long have you been teaching?:
Well this is my first year! so negative 1.5 weeks. We start school on the 1st of September and I can't wait! I am teaching Kindergarten in a small school in a nearby town. I have been waiting for this since I was 5 years old and told my mom that I was going to be a teacher just like Mrs. Bell!

You might not know:
Well there are lot of things you don't know about me. So I could really put anything here. I just graduated from Washington State University's Vancouver campus in May and got my job from my first interview in July! Still can't believe how fast it went.
But I will tell you that I feel like I have been teaching for a long time. All through high school and college I would spend at least one week usually 3 working at something called Outdoor School. I would spend those weeks teaching 6th graders and high school students about the world and environment around them. I absolutely LOVED this! This program is a HUGE part of the education of 6th graders and they have had trouble securing funding for this next year but there are some fabulous people who are working VERY hard to get the money raised!

What are you most looking forward to this school year?:
EVERYTHING! (Except the lack of sleep.) Right now I am most excited about getting to meet all 21 (probably more) of my little Kindergartners!

What do you need to improve?:
Right now I am not sure but probably everything. I know I have a TON to learn and I can't wait!

What teaching supplies can you NOT live without?:
From my student teaching experience I know that I need the following
-Peach Mango Green Tea(this is my caffeine-and it is a MUST have)
-Support from friends and family and other staff members
-Crayola Markers
-glue sticks.
-Books
-Sticky notes

That is me in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Mrs. W said...

Congratulations on your first teaching position! Good luck to you! :)

Alicia
www.teachk-2.blogspot.com

Ms. Preppy said...

So jealous that you have an ocean view every morning! I doubt I would ever want to go to work if I was on the coast! Hope you have a great first year!

Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

Cortney said...

Nice to meet you! Good luck on your first teaching job, I remember mine like it was yesterday!

Post a Comment