CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 4, 2011

C-R-A-Z-Y week

I don't know when the last time I posted was...ugh.
Well Thanksgiving was great. Too bad both the Cougars and the Beavers lost. Better luck next year.
Teaching:
I have been crazy busy at school since then. Our report cards go home on Tuesday so I had a TON of assessment to complete. I am very thankful that my aide helped with that! We have been busy making Chritmas projects at school. I am VERY lucky in the fact that my school lets me do Christmas things! There is a tree in the entryway and in most classrooms (mine is going up tomorrow as I was not aware that they are on top of things and most people had them up last week...oops). The kids will be thrilled though since they have been asking me about a tree all week. We made gingerbread boys and girls, reindeer out of our feet, trees out of triangles and rectangles for math, countdown chains to work on our patterns. Oh and some super cute Santa's out of paper plates I cut in half :) This week the kids will be turned into reindeer as I borrow an idea from another blogger for a bulletin board idea. Oh and we wrote our letters to santa! I am telling you it was a C-R-A-Z-Y week. And the next two will probably be just as nuts if not more. What is your favorite book to read to your class? My very favorite book at Christmas is The Christmas Collie. We have always read it on Christmas Eve and I can't wait to read it to my class!
Funny story. I have a little one who is just...different. Doesn't much like participating with the group. Well she was particularly perky and bouncy on Friday. I said, "Who put ants in your pants today?" She actually started looking all over herself to fin the ants! I cracked up.



Life: I have been watching far too many Christmas movies while working on report cards. Oh and enjoying watching the National Finals Rodeo. Gotta love watching people ride bucking broncs, bucking bulls and catching little cows oh and don't forget the barrel racing. Also watched Fred Clause for the first time-if you haven't seen it I highly recommend.
I have definitely been getting fewer questions about whether or not I am going to move closer to my school (I drive 55 minutes each way everyday). But people still ask everyday how my drive was.
Alright I suppose I should go start some laundry or something...or continue to enjoy my cheesy Christmas movies.
Oh but did anyone else watch the finale of The Sing Off?! I was VERY pleased with the winner. Can't wait for tomorrows Christmas special! Hope everyone has a GREAT week! Hopefully I will post some pictures soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment