CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ok...I know 2 posts in one day

So I know this goes against blogging rules but I'm going to post for a second time today for two reasons-1)I have the time!!! HOORAY for Winter break! 2) I want to. So there :)

So I have been catching up on my blog reading-because I follow so many I don't always see the ones that get posted that I want to read all the time. Today I have been catching up over at Waiting on The Butterflies. And I have decided that Sarah and I need to be friends. So she did this survey and it made me want to do it too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I LOVE wrapping presents! And given the right conditions I can spend HOURS upon HOURS doing so. (on the floor of my carpeted living room does not qualify...which is what I have been doing)

2. Real tree or artificial?
REAL! Although I must confess this year my Christmas decorations are a little bit pitiful. The biggest tree in the house is 2.5 feet tall and fake with blue lights and no ornaments...I mean the tree in my classroom is at least 6 feet! My word. I MUST fix this problem next year. THERE WILL BE A REAL TREE! With all of the ornaments that I have gathered over the years and it will have white lights-lots of them. (I feel much better now that I got that out of my system)

3. When do you put up the tree?
Well it depends...I don't actually have a set time. But after Thanksgiving for sure. Preferably the weekend after in my perfect world.

4. When do you take the tree down?
hmmm... after new years. I LOVE having a tree in the house...

5. Do you like eggnog?
No I do not. Hot Chocolate with Buttershots though...thats a different story :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
this is difficult. 3 options. 1) Trip to Disneyland 2) Addy American Girl Doll 3) Barbie Dream House...

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I personally don't have one. But my roommate does so there is one in the house. I haven't found one I like yet.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
This year it seems EVERYONE! I am having the worst time coming up with things to get people!

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom. She just says "I want that"-I say "ok"-place item in cart-"Merry Christmas to you". haha (this conversation actually happened in Costco on Saturday.)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I didn't mail any... I did write some though and put them in mailboxes at school-does that count? I would never do them by email!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It would have to be the Metal birds nest with 2 birds and a couple stone eggs that had a little sign that read "Our Nest" that I got last year. I actually gave it away 5 minutes later.


12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I love them all! Love Fred Claus, The Holiday, Polar Express, The Family Stone. I swear the only things that I have watched since before thanksgiving are Christmas movies.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I find something. But this year not until the 17th...yikes. I have already made plans to do shopping on the 24th. (This is not like me at all!)

14. Ever recycled a present?
yes. refer back to "worst christmas present."

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies. Spritz to be exact.
16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?
Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
So many. Currently "All I want for Christmas"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Travel. Always go to my aunts for Christmas Eve.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I teach Kindergarten does that answer your question. haha.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen, and Rudolph of course.

20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
I don't have either one. But it will be an angel when I find one that I like.

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Open one present on Christmas eve (always pajamas) the rest on Christmas morning. One year though we had our Christmas morning at 3am! It was C-R-A-Z-Y. My sisters were little and WAY WAY WAY too excited to sleep anymore. So we all opened presents and then went back to sleep.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Grouchy Grinchy people at the stores.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
Have to say I am one of those people who doesn't do the whole theme thing. I like the whole each ornament has a memory tree. So no theme or colors here.

24. What do you want for Christmas?
A Kitchen aid (which I happen to know I am getting-its silver and GORGEOUS and I am SO SO SO excited!)

I promise I won't post a third time today. I guess I should go do that laundry and clean up my house... Teaching Kinder has turned me into the person who is not so good at sitting still. Except for yesterday when I was laying on the floor for 4 hours-haha-hey I'm sick and the couch got uncomfortable. I also need to complete my present wrapping since my sister is on her way here and one of her presents is currently sitting on my couch unwrapped. I think I will go make a list of what I need to do. (this might just be me procrastinating again...)
Enjoy your Tuesday!

4 comments:

Mrs. Roberts said...

Thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award!!!!

Diana
colelittlepups.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

So I'm wondering who made up that rule anyway? I have yet to see a "blogging law book" so if you want to post again I say go right ahead! It is your blog isn't it. And now that I've convinced myself I'm going to blog about this list too! Thanks for sharing and making me you partner in crime!!
Tammy

Sarah said...

Aw, we do need to be friends. So let's be friends, okay? You teach kindergarten so that already lets me know you're fun people. And you live by the beach? That's really fun and makes me really jealous.

I have the Addy American Girl doll too. I wish pretty big into American Girl stuff. I didn't really ever play with them though. I admired them from afar. I wanted to keep them looking extra nice.

Unknown said...

We always opened pajamas on Christmas eve too! Our parents let us pick a present and we always tried to get the best one but somehow it was always the pajamas, when I go older i realized mom was purposefully putting the pajamas in the biggest boxes or prettiest wrapping and if we chose something else she would convince us that was the best one so we'd open it!! We did a 4 am Christmas once and went back to bed - we ended up sleeping til noon!! Glad I found your blog!
TheResource(ful)Room!

Post a Comment