CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring has not quite sprung...but here is a freebie!

SO yesterday was the first day of spring. Today we didn't even hit 50 degrees.
But it's Wednesday so here are 5 things that are NOT wrong.
1) I wore my plaid flannel shirt today and was super comfortable all day and plenty warm.
2) My kids were quite well behaved today! Sure only 20/25 were present but the ones that were there completed their work and I only had minor behaviors to deal with!
3) My kids got out at 12:30 today which left the afternoon for myself and the paraeducator in my classroom to get stuff done! And we got to have some good conversations about the kids and trying to figure things out.
4) We made some super adorable little chicks today! They make the hall look springy! And after the kids left I made a HUGE woven paper basket to put the eggs in that they painted yesterday. (I wish I would have had my camera to take pictures of that.)
5) I feel like a successful math teacher! I was going over the common core math standards this afternoon and figuring out where to head next in math and I feel like I can meet ALL of these standards by the end of the year.

So now on to my classroom and what we have been up to.
Monday: I don't actually feel like we accomplished much. We are talking about fact families so we did some of that (great way to show more than one way to make a number-and the kids love writing their facts on the "windows" of the houses). We had some play time. Monday was kind of a blur for me.
Tuesday: We did some writing in our journals. We had PE. We read some Mrs. Piggle Wiggle-my kids LOVE the cures! (I wish many of them could actually work-ON THEM. hehe) Then we painted. I decided that doing it individually would be more of a headache than necessary. So I put small sponges, and 5 colors of paint of their tables (4 kids per table) and said Paint your eggs! They loved it! And they did a good job of keeping their paint on the paper (except one little one who decided to sponge on some war paint-there were tears when I took her paper and said she was done painting.)
Today-writing, cute yellow chicks, then they ate lunch and it was time to go home. Love the once a month early release days!

So I have never done a freebie. I hope you will be able to open it. We are working on adding simple numbers and writing math sentences. So here is a cute springy one for adding easter eggs. It's simple but it cover standards and will go with my lesson.

Hope it works for you. If not can someone tell me how to make it work for other people to download. Fonts and graphic all came from powerpoint.
Have a TREMENDOUS Thursday!
~Allyce~

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet comments and for following my blog! I love this addition idea...thank you for sharing! I've had my own drama with google docs and scribd. =( I can't seem to figure out how to make documents available for others to download. If you figure this out please fill me in. The only thing that seems to work for me is to scan the doc and then put the link in my post. Hope this helps!
Bobbie

Post a Comment