CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I gave in...

I sent my principal a text at 2:45am requesting a sub for today. I then spent the next hour writing sub plans. I hope that they make sense to whoever the sub is...
I am now sitting here watching the bachelor. Why do I do this? Because I now have to see how it turns out-darn it!

I also need to come up with something to do for groundhogs day tomorrow while I am sitting on the couch today...

Oh and sorry for all the typos in my previous post! I usually catch those but not this time. I even had a discussion with my principal yesterday about typos after she had to reprint the weekly parent newsletter after putting the wrong date for our snow makeup day.

Question for you all: Do you do anything in your classroom to celebrate Presidents Day?

Question 2: What is the process in your district to request a sub? Since I know most of you don't just send the principal a text in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Jen R said...

ahhh!! So sorry you aren't feeling well.
And our "getting a sub" procedures are HORRIBLE! We have to actually call around to find subs!! WHAT?!?! Isn't that what our automated system is for?? But even that is a load of honkie, because I can't get into it half the time. And one time I was in the hospital..I was NOT going to do either one of those! So I called my AP or Princ and told them...I don't know what they did, but they figured it out.
Hope you are feeling better soon!

♥ Jen
The Teachers' Cauldron

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

I'm glad that I am not the only who is home sick and still doing school work!

We have to either find our own sub, which I much prefer to do. Or we can just put it in the computer system and they will find someone.

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Bonnie Walton said...

Sorry you're not feeling well!

Subs...Oh boy. WELL, at my old school, you could log in to the system and put in that we were going to be out. We could also pre-arrange with subs if we knew we were going to be out so we don't end up with an, ahem, subpar one. Last year I was never out, so I'm not sure the policy. THIS YEAR, we don't get subs. Well, let me rephrase. We're not supposed to unless we're going to be out on medical leave or at a training. That's not to say we haven't had some though. Luckily they've gotten one for a coworker of mine who is out quite frequently. With no subs, they split the kids among other classes. Feel better!

Bonnie
Living A Wonderful Life

Post a Comment