CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tagged.

I was tagged by  Elizabeth over at Twins, Teaching and Tacos for this super fun questionnaire! First of all I LOVE her blog. Second I wish I had taco Tuesday every week like she does! There are rules and requirements. Enjoy.


So here are the rules:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!


 My 12 facts. As you know I am a random person-this will be no exception.
1) I turned 23 yesterday-I feel no different. Honestly I still feel older than my age says I am...
2) I am not capable of truly sleeping in. This morning with no alarm I was awake at 6:30. That does not mean that I am out of bed yet however and it is now 11:29. 
3) I have always wanted to be a runner. I am seriously considering taking this up...at least a few days a week.
4) I am a vegetarian-no it's not because of fluffy bunnies its because I didn't really enjoy the taste of meat-now I don't eat it because my tummy doesn't like it-I would like to try to eat it again though-at least a little.
5) I LOVE taking pictures! But I do not like having my picture taken...
6) I have watched One Tree Hill since the very beginning- I have to see it through to the end. 
7) When I drive to school in the mornings I sing...all the way there. 
8) I HATE birds. and Snakes. and Bugs. 
9) I am VERY ticklish. I mean it's ridiculous.
10) I love to bake (I actually love to cook too) but I hardly ever eat what I bake. I would rather see other people enjoy it.
11) I own a TON of books...most of them I have read...in my future home I would love to have a library room-with an entire wall of books. In fact my dream house has a turret and in the round room it creates I would have it lined with book cases and I would have a window seat where I would read. 
12) I have collected spoons since I was about 7. I have a ton-they are currently in a box...

My questions from Elizabeth. 
1. Where is one place you would like to travel? There are a ton of places. I would love to see some of the states on the other side of the country especially the somewhat southern ones.
2. What is your favorite thing about teaching? The kids and the fact that they are always so excited to learn!
3. What is one thing about teaching you would change? All of the politics involved. If we could just teach and people would realize that we are doing a good job then all would be good.
4. Do you have any hobbies? I love photography.
5. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?Spending time with friends and family. I also love to curl up by the fire with my dog and a good book.
6. What book have you recently read? I am very slowly reading Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand. I wish I had more time and energy to read it faster.
7. Do you have a hobby? I love photography. Can I add teaching to this?
8. What kind of technology do you have in your classroom? I have 3 desktop macs for the kids. I have a projector and a document camera. Then I have a school issued laptop for teacher use and I usually take my personal one too.
9.  If you weren't a teacher, what career would you have?I honestly don't know. I have never wanted to do anything else-because everything I ever thought about included things that I could never do.
10. What is your favorite topic/subject to teach? Literacy I think. Mostly because in Kinder they are SO excited to be learning to read.
11. What is your favorite type of candy? Chocolate. Especially when you add some peanut butter or some caramel...
12. What type of music do you enjoy listening to? I listen to Country music. Ever heard of Reckless Kelly? I have many other favorites though. 
Alright now it is my turn to ask the questions.
1) What technology do you wish you could have in your classroom?
2) What is your favorite grade to teach?
3) Do you eat in your staff room?
4) How many elementary schools are in your district?
5) What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
6) Where do you go when you need to think? Or just completely relax.
7) Do you use standards based grading at your school?
8) What is your FAVORITE dessert?
9) What is your guilty pleasure tv show?
10) Do you play a sport?
11) Pets?
12) What is your very favorite childrens book?

Now for the people I am tagging...
2-Meredith at Keen on Kindergarten. 
3-Christina at Mrs. Bainbridge's Class 
7- Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher
11-Kimberley at 1st In Maine 

Ok I think finding 12 people was by far the hardest part because I was having such a hard time deciding! Now it's time to go do some tagging-(is that against the rules? I know it is on the playground but does the blogosphere count too?)

~Allyce~

 

3 comments:

Bonnie Walton said...

Yay! Thanks for tagging me!!

Elisabeth said...

You can come visit me here in North Carolina and enjoy Taco Night!!!!

Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

Lori said...

Found you by a comment you left on another blog. I am following you now!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Post a Comment