CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW DAY!

Ok so you all know I work an hour from my house. Well my school district had a snow day today! But the district I live in was the ONLY district in Western WA that went to school today because...it was RAINING. So there wasn't even anything to keep me busy at my house today...so what did I do. I went and visited my roommates at school. (I know you are thinking "WHY would you do that?!) Well a person can only watch so much news about the snow, look at so many pictures of people playing in the snow and read on facebook about all of their friends enjoying the snow for so long.
I was awake at 4:30. And couldn't fall asleep so that wasn't an option. So after roommates left for school this morning(they did get a 2 hour late start) I got ready for the day and headed to their school. They both teach HS so I was there for their lunch and prep time. Then I spent the remaining 2.5 hours sitting in the office with one of the secretaries. We had a great time watching the security cameras and chatting. It was way better than sitting at home twiddling my thumbs! I am TERRIBLE at sitting still and having nothing to do. And I was all caught up on school stuff (due to getting 2 extra hours to work while at school yesterday morning).


So who knows what will happen tomorrow. Now there is a flood watch (not warning-but watch-meaning it will probably happen) which would either delay, cancel or cause us to close school early most likely.

Anyone else have a weather day today? Any snow out there? My house is getting rain and nasty wind. But hey I did get to have some starbucks today! (big deal here as that is 20ish minutes away-actually in a different state)

Hope you all survived your Wednesday!

pictures of what snow we did have to come-maybe tomorrow.

1 comments:

diditeach said...

Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day !! Sometimes we need to just visit and catch up with friends. I live in Canada and we get snow days ! None so far this year, it has been quite mild here with very little snow. But we usually get at least 2 or 3 days off. I have never heard of a delayed start, we are either there or not ! Luckily I live only 5 mins. from my school, an easy commute. Starbucks is a little farther.....

Post a Comment