CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

End of break and an award!

First of all I haven't been to blog land in a couple days and just about had a heart attack when I saw that I had 11 comments to moderate and I now have 34 followers!! There may have been a little happy dance-if I was not already in bed (well being honest here I spent the entire day in bed relaxing and finishing the 5th season of Army Wives on Netflix. Side note: If you have not watched that show only do so if you have enough time to sit and watch all 5 seasons-which is best done in your pajamas :) and you will want to have some tissue handy for a few episodes.) Anyway. I was so excited!!! It makes me smile that this small town girl (I mean there are only two buildings in the entire district that I teach in and they are across the street from each other.) has this many people reading what she has to say. So thank you to my new followers! I really appreciated all of the comments!

On to other things. I go back to school tomorrow...I am not ready. All of the other schools in the area don't go back until Tuesday but I get to go back tomorrow. I guess I should check my school email...haven't done that in days ok maybe a week. I am glad I spent this last day in my pajamas not doing a thing. I will admit I am looking forward to a few little Kinder hugs and smiles tomorrow though. I missed those little people!

I had a good new years. I hosted but it was very relaxed and just fun. I made way too much food as usual. (I blame this on my mother because she taught me to cook and well we always give her a hard time about always cooking enough for the whole neighborhood.)

Now on to the award. I got the Versatile Blogger award from Tanya over at Ms. Solano's Kindergarten. There are rules with this award. That say I'm supposed to thank the person who gave it to me. Write 7 facts about myself and list 15 blogs I stalk read. So...
THANK YOU TANYA!!! I truly appreciate it! 


I did the facts and nominations post back in September . But I am always up to share about myself so here are 7 completely useless facts about myself for you to read.

1- I do not like cookies with milk. I think its the whole soggy cookie thing. (I don't like fruit with Chocolate either.)

2-My roommate and I watch General Hospital nearly everyday (yes we DVR it...we are in our twenties and well laugh all you want. I really need to catch up since I haven't watched at all this break!)

3-I still write letters all the time. REAL letters-they are way more fun than email. But I am TERRIBLE about remembering to check my PO box...

4-My feet are ALWAYS cold. Drives me crazy.

5-I watch too much tv. I mean this. I have posted before about all of the shows I watch and well I regret to write that the list hasn't gotten any shorter.

6-I live at the beach but my toes have not touched the sand in probably 2 or more months. I know this is pathetic. I think I will have to fix this issue this week because it is just not acceptable.

7-I love watching rodeo! Anytime someone wants to talk bull riding I am all for it.



I am not going to find 15 more blogs tonight because I really should get ready for bed since I need to be up at 5am. (this could be a brutal morning...wish me luck. Just hope the coffee stand has some good coffee in the morning.) But I nominated 15 back in September and I still stalk read all of them often!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and blessed new year! Good luck as you go back to school! (Yes I am jealous of the people who don't go back until the 9th!)


-Allyce

2 comments:

Bonnie Walton said...

Hope you had a good first day back! Now you're up to 35...whoop whoop!

Bonnie
Living A Wonderful Life

Elisabeth said...

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Head over to my site to check it out :)

Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

Post a Comment